What Makes a Game Old-School?
Paul Melroy over at the Emergence Campaign Weblog has an interesting series of three posts that do an excellent job of explaining what makes a game “old school”? He is working on a way to use the variant D20 system “Eclipse: The Codex Persona” to run a “old school” style game. I have my doubts that this would work for me, but these three posts tell me that Paul at least has a very good grasp of what makes a RPG “old school” (and why) and does an excellent job of explaining this.
- Old School Renaissance Eclipse Part I – Simulationism
- Old School Renaissance Eclipse Part II – Simplicity and the Roll of Last Resort
- Old School Renaissance Eclipse Part III – Creation and Consequences
Gates & Glamours RSS Feed
Latest posts by Randall Stukey (see all)
- Welcome to Gates & Glamours - January 20, 2019
- Playing Dungeons & Dragons as a Test ofArtificial Intelligence? - April 9, 2018
- Perhaps Really Huge Dungeons Aren’t “Unrealistic” After All - March 29, 2018