BX Advanced

BX Advanced

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Randall Stukey 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Randall Stukey
    Keymaster

The BX Advanced Gold Edition rules are based on the 1978 advanced first edition edition of the world’s most popular fantasy roleplaying game with the less complex game systems of the 1981 B/X edition. In other words, this is a modern version of the fantasy roleplaying game many people played in the 1980s. They started playing with the B/X edition and just added the races, classes, spells, monsters and treasures from the first Advanced edition, instead of using all the more complex rules from the Advanced Edition. All of the first advanced edition fun without all the often complex and fiddly rules.

Work on the BX Advanced Adamantine Edition is about 6 months behind “schedule”. I had hoped to get it out by the end of 2018. It’s now looking like mid-2019. The Adamantine edition will include lots of additional material: new classes, monsters, spells, and treasure. It will also include rules for mutations, science fiction elements and other stuff I used in my somewhat gonzo campaigns in the early 1980s. Playtests copies are currently available to RetroRoleplaying Cancer Fund donors.

This group is for comments and discussion about these games.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.